Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Another DRT update

Yesterday, CAW Local 222 member voted to accept the tentative agreement, officially bringing the Durham Region Transit strike to an end. Limited service will be restored on Friday, with full service returning on Saturday. According to news agencies and the DRT website, passengers holding October monthly passes can trade them in for one free month of transit (November or December) and get 10 free tickets as a bonus. It's a pretty sweet deal, but I hope it doesn't set a precedence that will come back and bite them in the butt.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 7:12 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think DRT rocks...we were told to hold onto our October passes, and now DRT has come through for us....I'm going to give my 10 ride to my mom as a Christmas gift. Thanks Durham Region Transit you Rock!

Sam.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home