Saturday, December 02, 2006

Building TTC team `a whole new ball game': Moscoe - Toronto Star

Building TTC team `a whole new ball game': Moscoe
Dec. 2, 2006. 01:00 AM

When the list of councillors seeking to lead the TTC was released yesterday, Howard Moscoe's name was nowhere to be seen. Here's what the ever-elusive Moscoe had to say about it:

STAR: Your name doesn't appear to be on the list for the TTC?

HM: Doesn't?

STAR:
Does not appear to be on the list?

HM:
Oh.

STAR:
Did you put your name in for the TTC?

HM:
Actually, no.

STAR:
Your name is on the list for the new licensing and standards committee.

HM:
Oh, is it?

STAR:
You would have put your name in for that?

HM:
Yes.

STAR:
Why did you decide you didn't want to serve on the TTC any longer?

HM:
Well, I'm not at liberty to say at the moment. Okay, but there may be some other related matter that would come to the forefront, so I don't want to discuss it.

STAR:
That sounds kind of mysterious.

HM:
It is.

STAR:
So when is this going to come to the forefront?

HM:
Dec. 5. It'll all become clearer on Dec. 5.

STAR:
You've been synonymous with the TTC. You've been the public face of the TTC for a long time now.

HM:
Well, let me say that I still hope to keep my oar in the public transit area.

STAR:
The Greater Toronto Transportation Authority?

HM:
I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying I expect to be involved in transit in some capacity
... My interest in public transit has not waned at all.

STAR:
You're still a transit advocate?

HM:
And I'll continue to be a transit advocate as long as I hold public office.

STAR:
It just won't be as a commissioner on the Toronto Transit Commission.

HM:
Might not be. I'm not sure.

STAR:
Well how do you get on the commission if you don't put your name in for it?

HM:
(laughs) I wonder. Let's just say it's a totally new ball game. The mayor will basically determine the composition of the council committees, certainly he'll determine the chairs of the committees. But if I'm being deliberately vague, it's simply because I'm being deliberately vague.
That was quite possibly the strangest conversation I have ever read. Mr. Moscoe, if your intention is to spread confusion and dis-information, then you, sir, are the king.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home