Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's utterly ridiculous/shameful/absurd...

I'm going to try a social experiment here....

Many times while cruising the internet I come across statements like "It's utterly ridiculous/shameful/absurd that the TTC doesn't offer ______."

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, as there's usually a good reason why the ____ isn't offered. Perhaps it's far easier to label something as ridiculous/shameful/absurd than to actually take a close look at the reasons why ____ isn't offered and what it will take to make _____ a reality, but don't those with the ability to do the research have an obligation to answer those questions in a forward-looking and informative way?

In order to better inform GTHAers about the state of public transportation, I'm going to start a series of posts called "It's utterly ridiculous/shameful/absurd..." where I'll answer these sort of questions. I'll talk about why that item hasn't been considered yet, what it would take to get it in place, any potential drawbacks and the likelihood of it being considered by policy makers.

Post any of these sort of questions as a comment to this post or send me an email and I'll start hacking away at them in order to demystify transportation issues and hopefully lead to a better tomorrow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home