The heritage of the cityI don't need to write a long post about this issue, but it must be made clear.
Business interest are destroying the heritage of this city.
- Sam the Record Man - City council has to step in to save the sign from being auctioned off to whomever bid highest.
- The Rogers Centre - Didn't the taxpayers build that stadium? Where was the public debate in its new name?
- The building formerly known as the Hummingbird Centre - Another public building with naming rights sold without public debate.
- The John Street Roundhouse - a vintage 1948 locomotive must be moved or scrapped to make way for a furniture store.
- Walnut Hall - demolition by neglect, a condo tower to follow.
- CHUM CITY Building - The new owners are removing every last vestige of the previous tenants, including the famous news truck on the wall.
Labels: urban design