Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Nightmares over

I did drive downtown, but I carpooled both ways, reducing the carbon footprint of the trip.

After dropping my mother at work at 8:00, I headed to Dupont & Dovercourt to pick up a friend who also needed to transport their model to school. It took me an hour to get there from Jane & Wilson. One hour. We arrived at Ryerson at 9:17 (by the parking garage ticket), having left Caledon at 7:15. I don't understand how anyone could drive downtown from that distance on a daily basis - although we used only local roads.

I managed to leave early and beat the rush, carpooling with a friend from Brampton on the way back. So, I'll only have to buy carbon credits for the 14k of city-driving I did alone.

Funny enough, Google Maps says that the route I took should have taken 1 hour & 45 minutes. Considering Davenport was a mess due to an accident just north of it on Dufferin, I'd say it's a pretty accurate estimate. Either way, it's not a trip I'll ever be taking again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home