Monday, October 01, 2007

What happens when class lets out early - A letter sent to GO

To whom it may concern:

I was a passenger on train 281 on Monday, October 1, 2007. This train was delayed 25 minutes due to the train hitting an object on the tracks. In addition, the train had to be terminated at Bramalea station, with bus connections the rest of the way. In total, I was one hour late arriving at my home.

I am certain that you will receive dozens of complaints about this incident, but rest assured that this is not one of them. I am sending this message to commend the train crew for handling this delay in a professional way. Though I am sure they were under a lot of stress, the crew kept us informed with regular and honest updates.

I have a background in mechanical engineering, and consider myself somewhat of a transit enthusiast, and this gave me an appreciation of the technical problems and safety concerns causing the delay. I understand that events like this occur from time to time, and that to blame GO would be misplacing blame.

It is no secret that your agency is under immense political pressure to improve its performance, and I cannot say that I am not eager to see service improvements also. However, I want you to know that there are some riders who take these delays in stride and harbour no ill will towards GO Transit.

Your faithful rider,

Andrae J. Griffith

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2007 12:37 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all honesty, with the door problems I thought the train would just turn back at Weston. Of course, the brake problems prevented it from going anywhere for a bit :)

But Bramalea sure beats a ride back to Union and transferring onto a packed 205!

 
At 10/02/2007 12:57 a.m. , Blogger Andrae Griffith said...

Didn't know you were on the train!

It was an adventure, but it wasn't the end of the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home